Are you looking to join a highly ambitious international technology startup and work on cutting edge technology? Do you want to build a career in technology but love to solve real life communications problems? Are you looking for a company that will invest time in your development, support your professional growth and listen to your ideas? If the answer is yes, we urge you to apply for a position with Telestax!
At Telestax, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. Telestax is the leading CPaaS enabler for communication service providers and creator of the award-winning Restcomm API platform. Originating in the largest industry open source community, managed by Telestax, Restcomm has been tested by over 10,000 telecom developers and contains over 6 million lines of code.
The Cloud Services Engineer will work collaboratively within the Global Support Services (GSS) team and support key Cloud initiatives at Telestax. The Cloud Operations team is responsible for 24x7x365 support of the Telestax Cloud Infrastructure. The Cloud Services Engineer must have a proven track record of supporting a public cloud infrastructure and a demonstrated expertise in related Cloud technologies. We are looking for an experienced technical operations engineer who wants to grow their career and who will help contribute to customer success.
Primary Job Responsibilities
● Provide a high, detailed level of technical assistance to ensure customers get the most out of Telestax Cloud Services
● Core Contribute (bug fixes/feature additions) to Product as required
● Provide technical support to our cloud based customers
● Willingness to work weekend duty as required by the Global Support Services organization
● Experience working with customers
● Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
● Experience with Networking, Mysql Database, Amazon AWS, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
● Some programming / scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, Bash, and/or PHP)
● Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
● Experience working with REST API technology
● 3+ years of professional customer support experience
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline
● Good knowledge and hands-on experience with Mysql database.
● Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation
● Effective English language skills, with the ability to communicate courteously and effectively with customers, third-party vendors, and colleagues
● Experience with Virtualization AWS, Openstack, VMware
● Scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, Bash, and/or PHP)
● Knowledge of SIP protocol and VoIP
● Must be willing to work weekend shifts as required by the Global Support Services team.
● Good knowledge of SIP protocol.
● Good knowledge of Docker, Git and Maven.
● Experience with XMPP, Amazon Web Services and Slack is an advantage
● Hands-on experience with application server technologies like Tomcat/Wildfly Middleware
● Willingness to travel for work-related reasons as required
Telestax is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.