Are you looking to join a highly ambitious international technology startup and work on cutting edge technology? Do you want to build a career in technology but love to solve real life communications problems? Are you looking for a company that will invest time in your development, support your professional growth and listen to your ideas? If the answer is yes, we urge you to apply for a position with Telestax!
At Telestax, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. Telestax is the leading CPaaS enabler for communications service providers and creator of the award-winning Restcomm API platform. Originating in the largest industry open source community, managed by Telestax, Restcomm has been tested by over 10,000 telecom developers and contains over 6 million lines of code.
Telestax is currently seeking a member to join our Applications teams to improve and maintain their backend services. To take it to scale, you will be developing and maintaining a complex distributed platform with points of presence globally and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency, and scalability.
This team is at the core of deploying and designing distributed, scalable system real-time communications as we grow to reach five 9’s uptime and horizontal scalability. Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature-rich, scalable systems that are conducive to evolution. Our products must handle continual core network traffic from Tier 1 operators, CPaaS companies, and large enterprises on a global scale.
You will be working in a fully distributed remote team across multiple countries and cultures.
Travel for meeting your distributed team and conference events can happen over the course of your tenure at Telestax.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing features related to our Applications Services
- Help drive the technical requirements, building, upgrade, and maintenance of our applications services
- Design, develop, including writing and reviewing code, and maintain our applications’ backend microservices as well as their REST APIs
- Ensure that our applications’ backend microservices are highly available, stable, secure, performant, fault-tolerant and scalable
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, performance and capacity tests.
- Ensure that our applications’ backend microservices are instrumented and monitored
- Develop diagnostic and troubleshooting tools made to our customer support organization
- Work closely with Site Reliability Engineers to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable, and supportable
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
- Experience Designing and Maintaining REST APIs
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault-tolerant, scalable and highly-available (>= 99.95% uptime etc.) software
- Experience with Java JVM and Java Microservices Framework and Application Servers such as Spring, Spring Boot, Akka, Vert.X, Tomcat, JBoss
- Experience operating and tuning Java server applications and knowledge about JVM internals (Memory & CPU Profiling)
- Experience with SQL databases and NoSQL next generation distributed data stores (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB) and database optimizations
- Ability to define schemas for various types of data and types of access, setup appropriate data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis) and operate them at scale
- Experience with CI/CD practices (Pipelines, graceful shutdown, A/B upgrade, canary upgrades, …) and tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker etc..)
- Automated testing experience (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Container experience – Docker
- International experience (working in or with multi-cultural distributed environments)
- Experience with load-balancing, In memory data grid technologies – Infinispan, Redis …
- Experience with exposing Monitoring HTTP Services Metrics through tools such as Datadog, Prometheus, Graphana, APM
- Experience with securing HTTP Services as part of DevSecOps
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, AWS ECS)
- Experience with Serverless
- Ideally, you have experience in a SaaS production DevOps environment where you ship rapidly and often. AWS experience or similar cloud-based offerings.
- Technical writing skills
- Remote Experience
- You have worked in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with fast moving team and changing requirements
- Ability to work with independent thinkers who are highly technical and passionate
- Ownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Telestax, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it
- Remote Telestax Virtual Office
- Brittany, France
At Telestax you will enjoy working with real-time communications and cutting edge technology in a growing company and fast moving environment. You’ll also have the ability to work remotely and experience strong collaboration amongst small, focused, globally distributed teams for better customer impact. You’ll be part of a company that strives to build an inclusive culture where everyone is continuously seeking to improve both themselves and the system they operate in.
Telestax is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.