At TeleStax, we thrive to remove complexity from traditional telecom and enable web-developers across the world to create innovative telco App’s without knowing the nitty-gritty of telco protocols. We connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source communications platform. Our customers ranges from Operators, ITSP, VAS Developers/Providers, OEM’s, ISV’s, SI’s etc.
Our engineer team is seeking a highly motivated Technical Engineer to provide development and support for our clients. In this role, you’ll become an expert in TeleStax technologies, SIP, Diameter, SS7, JAIN SLEE etc and our falgship product RestComm while developing, troubleshooting and resolving customers’ technical issues. The customers you’ll deal with are often other engineers, so developing your technical skills is imperative.
Research and development is prime responsibility, you will have ample of time to work directly with best of breed core team and hone your programming skills. Also you will also need take some responsibility to support the customer through online or on site.
Primary job responsibilities
- This individual will play a key role delivering technical support and programming for multiple JAVA based applications including bug identification, elimination and develop and implement new features and products.
- This position offers opportunity to utilize analysis and design, coding, debugging and other technical skillsets as well as to participate on both agile and waterfall-based projects.
- This position requires working closely with team members and the ability to work independently or in a team environment is required.
- The candidate will be expected to transform system requirements into solid technical solutions while employing standard/approved development methodologies and best practices, Work will include, but not be limited to, the following: Design, build, test and implement .Actively interact with team members through remote cyber mode.
- Participate in the community by writing blog posts, participating in forums, and speaking at user groups and conferences
- Provide technical support to customers by responding to web-based inquiries
- Perform diagnostics, troubleshoot, and develop solutions for customer issues
- 5 years core Java development experience.
- Middle Linux system experience.
- Solid troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Passion for problem solving and investigation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the enterprise IT industry
- Knowledge of SIP, JAIN SLEE, Diameter, SS7 technologies is added advantage
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well self-motivated and self- discipline.
- Passionate on open source and familiar with open source community develop model.
Position is open for TeleStax with flexibility of working from home.