Mavenir Platform Privacy Notice
We at Mavenir Systems, Inc. and our affiliates (“Mavenir”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we obtain about users of our services described in the MAVbiz portfolio of services at https://www.mavenir.com/portfolio/mavbiz/ (the “Platform”), how we use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the personal information and how users may contact us about our privacy practices.
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use The Information We Obtain
- Information We Share
- How We Protect Personal Information
- California Residents
- Other Online Services And Third-Party Features
- Updates To Our Privacy Notice
- How To Contact Us
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
When you use our Platform, we may obtain certain personal information about you or your business, including:
- personal details and contact information, such as your name, title, email address and phone number;
- information about your business or company with which you are affiliated, including name, Registered Number, Description, Website,
- logo, Business Category/Categories
- hours of operation, contact information and location of the business;
- login details used to access your account on platform and other permissions as needed for the app before proceeding to business setup (e.g., mobile number and SMS based OTP);
- chat history, and logs, such as dates and times of chats and information about other participant (e.g., phone number, MSISDN, IMEI and user names);
- information about System Owner, your customers including without limitation Operator Partner, System Admin, System User, BU Admin BU User, Owner Account, User Account who chat/connect with your business like phone number, name, address etc. and
- other personal information you provide to us, including through your communications with us and feedback you provide (e.g., survey responses)
- (Optionally if you choose to upload them – Product Catalogue information including without limitation product Names, Images, Prices).
Information We Obtain By Automated Means
When you use our Platform, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies on our Platform to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, device type, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, clickstream data, actions taken, and dates and times you use or login into our Platform. These technologies help us (1) remember your information, so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Platform; (3) tailor our Platform to reflect your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Platform and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Our Platform is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers or app.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We may use the personal information we obtain about you or your business or your customers through our Platform to:
- provide our services to you, including our Platform;
- establish and manage your account, and identify and authenticate you so you can use our Platform;
- personalize your experience with our Platform;
- process and fulfill claims and orders in connection with our Platform;
- communicate with you, provide customer support and respond to your inquiries;
- administer participation in surveys, or other programs;
- send you promotional communications and offers;
- allow you to interact with certain third-party services (for example, when you choose to link your account to a third-party service);
- protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- operate, evaluate and improve our Platform and services (including managing our Platform; enhancing and improving our Platform and services; managing our communications; analyzing our Platform and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Platform and services, and prevent misuse; and
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection, and obtain consent to the extent required by law.
In addition, we may use third-party services on our Platform, including without limitation Google Firebase / AWS / bandwidth /Stripe. The information we obtain through our Platform may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services.
To find out more about the Privacy Policies of these third party services providers please visit
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share the information we obtain about you with service providers and other entities to perform certain services on our behalf. We do not authorize our service providers to retain, use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
If you are a California consumer, for more information about your privacy rights, please see Privacy Notice named “California Consumer Privacy Statement.”
OTHER ONLINE SERVICES AND THIRD-PARTY FEATURES
For your convenience and information, our Platform may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. For example, you may be able to link your Platform account to a non-Mavenir service. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our information practices. We will indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, please email us at USfirstname.lastname@example.org .
Mavenir Systems, Inc.
1700 International Parkway, Suite 200
Richardson, Texas USA 75081
California Consumer Privacy Statement
This California Consumer Privacy Statement (“Statement”) supplements the Mavenir Platform Privacy Notice and applies solely to California consumers that use our Mavenir Platform. This Statement does not apply to Mavenir’s personnel or job applicants.
This Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
- Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, education, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, sex, gender, and gender identity
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) your personal information for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice and for the following business purposes specified in the CCPA:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you register an account on our Platform
- Your devices, such as when you interact with our Platform
- Other individuals or organizations such as when your employer signs you up for a subscription to our Platform or a user adds you as a contact
- Our affiliates
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Our providers (i.e., qualified resellers)
- Data analytics providers
- Government entities
- Operating systems and platforms
- Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell consumers’ personal information.
- Sharing of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
We may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Party|
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 Law||
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared personal information about you with government entities
- California Consumer Privacy Rights
You may have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
Access: You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
Deletion: You may have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
Opt-Out of Sale: California law provides consumers with the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information. We do not sell consumers’ personal information.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access or deletion request, please email us at USemail@example.com. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, please email us at USfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you do not have an account with us, or an email address or other direct contact information on file with us, then there is no reasonable method by which we can verify your identity to the level of certainty required by the CCPA. The reason for this is that Mavenir historically has not linked IP addresses, device identifiers or other information collected through automated means to named actual persons. Accordingly, if you do not have an account, or an email address or other direct contact information on file with us, and you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we will not be able to process your request at this time.
If you do not have an account with us, but have an email address or other direct contact information on file with us, and you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide your name, email address, phone number, postal address, and/or company name, if previously provided to us. In addition, if you do not have an account and you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
For questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section of our Privacy Notice.
Policy last revised on: September 14, 2022.