The RestcommONE GMLC (mobile location center) gateway enables Location Based Services (LBS) to identify the location of a person or object like the nearest ATM, gas station, Starbucks – or the location of a friend or employee. It also includes a powerful geolocation application programing interface (API) to enable LBS services in web and mobile apps.
LBS can also enhance mobile commerce apps as well. Imagine receiving coupons or advertised specials when walking by a store or receiving up-to-date weather based on where you are actually located at the time. Mobile games like Pokemon Go demonstrate the value of LBS. They are a great example of telecommunication convergence.
The RestcommONE GLMC utilizes the same triangulation process that is used by mobile devices on a radio access network (RAN). A similar capability is available for location data in an indoor wireless network using multiple WiFi access point (AP) triangulation based on signal strength and association. This means your web and mobile apps will work the same both outdoors and indoors through a single API. It will greatly simplify work for your developers to use location data and speed time to market for your applications and services.
The RestcommONE GMLC receives requests from external applications for the location of a mobile device based on its Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number (MSISDN). It returns the device’s location over industry standard protocols and transports including Mobile Location Protocol (MLP), HTTP or SMPP. The RestcommONE GLMC supports both SS7 (through RestcommOne JSS7) and IP based networks including 2G and 3G networks and 4G LTE deployments. IP based network support is accomplished by using well documented and extensible RestcommOne Diameter interfaces as required by the 3GPP standards.
The RestcommONE GLMC opens up new revenue streams for web and mobile developers as well as enterprises and service providers.
Key Features an Benefits
- GMLC CORE LOCATION functionality includes Cell-ID of MSISDN as well as current status (busy, available, etc.)
- SS7 SUPPORT for 2G and 3G based deployments.
- DIAMETER SUPPORT for LTE based deployments.
- TDM AND SIGTRAN SUPPORT supports legacy E1/T1 links via Dialogic SS7 cards as well as connectivity to MSC/HLR via SIGTRAN links (M3UA).
- GEOLOCATION API to easily enable location based services (LBS) in web, IOS and Android apps.
- CARRIER GRADE PERFORMANCE capable of processing billions of transactions each day. A single GMLC node can process up to 2,500 requests/sec. And can be adapted to meet the needs of all telecom service providers to greatly reduce CAPEX and OPEX costs – no matter size or location.
- LOAD BALANCING & TRANSPARENT FAILOVER for multiple GMLC nodes can be arranged in a cluster across one or more geographically distributed data centers to scale up throughput and provide various levels of redundancy, high availability and fault tolerance. There is no cap on request/sec or SS7 GT, links or association. Capacity depends on underlying hardware and network used.
- CLOUD READY means GMLC may be deployed on dedicated hardware, private cloud infrastructure or public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- EXTENSIBLE AND MODERN PLATFORM built on the RestcommONE JSLEE platform, which automatically provides out-of-the-box integration with various communication protocols for connectivity to ESMEs (External Short Messaging Entity). Protocols include SIP, Diameter, HTTP in addition to the base SMPP protocol.
- ENTERPRISE MONITORING & MANAGEMENT is included. RestcommONE jSS7 comes with an efficient Command Line Interface (CLI) tool and AJAX based Web Management Interface allowing you to easily configure, manage and monitor the GMLC. It can easily integrate with a third party campaign tool to define new campaigns and manage existing ones. Call Detail Records (CDR) are generated and stored in a text file.