The RestcommONE SMSC Gateway enables service providers and enterprises to deliver SMS, group SMS, SMS shortcodes and broadcast SMS features to their subscribers. In addition, it also enables value-added services through easy integration with over the top (OTT) communications services like WhatsApp, WeChat and Viber and social networking services like Facebook and Twitter.
The SMSC Gateway includes and is built on RestcommONE Telecom Core, a modern extensible middleware platform. It provides easy integration with any third party communication protocol or system using industry-standard telecom interfaces including SS7 MAP, TCAP, INAP, ISUP, or SMPP. SMSC Gateway also supports SIP connectivity.
The SMSC Gateway also supports advanced SCCP routing rules to map shortcodes to MSISDNs. This is a very popular feature for e-commerce, health and banking services.
The SMSC Gateway utilizes the very the fast and scalable Cassandra database for storing and handling messages. Cassandra stores unsent messages, messages successfully sent and messages that failed to be sent. The SMSC Gateway is built on a modern and extensible JSLEE platform base with SMPP protocol for connectivity to ESMEs (Emergency Service Messaging). A single SMSC node can process up to 1,000 SMS/sec. Multiple nodes can be clustered and deployed very quickly for redundancy and scaling purposes.
The RestcommONE SMSC Gateway can be deployed on dedicated hardware, private cloud infrastructure or public cloud service such as AWS or Google Cloud. To enable legacy E1/T1 links, Intel and Dialogic boards are supported. The SMSC also supports legacy SS7 connections to an MSC/ HLR via SIGTRAN links over M3UA.
The RestcommONE SMSC Gateway provides a scriptable Command Line Interface (CLI) tool allowing you to completely configure the Gateway at run-time and manage it using simple commands. In addition, a Graphical User Interface (GUI) tool is provided to allow you to configure, monitor and manage the Gateway through a convenient user-friendly interface.
Full documentation and source code is available for the RestcomONE SMSC Gateway, giving you the freedom and flexibility to customize the product to meet your needs.
Key Features and Benefits
- Multi tenant SMSC gateway enables operators to provide SMS, group SMS, and broadcast SMS services localized for multiple brands or domains from a single deployment.
- Carrier-grade scalability and reliability with load balancing and clustering support for automated failover delivers an excellent user experience for mobile subscribers. Unlike other more limited solutions, all RestcommONE services are load-balanced, providing unparalleled redundancy, especially as the platform scales.
- Multilingual support for both UCS2 and GSM 7-bit format enables world-wide support SMS-based services in Latin (e.g, English, Spanish, French) and non-Latin (e.g., Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic) languages.
- SS7 hardware is fully support for Intel or Dialogic cards. Legacy TDM and SS7 support provides industry-standard network integration into IMS and LTE networks through SS7 MAP, TCAP, INAP, ISUP, or SMPP interfaces.
- Legacy TDM and SS7 support provides industry-standard network integration into IMS and LTE networks through SS7 MAP, TCAP, INAP, ISUP, or SMPP interfaces.
- Internet protocol support for SIP.
- On premise and cloud deployment options provide outstanding flexibility for service provider and enterprise applications. Fully self- contained and highly optimized, the SMSC gateway supports both network functions virtualization (NFV) and clustered virtual machine (VM) deployments.
- Flexible Operations and Monitoring support using industry standard protocols including Java JMX and scriptable command line interfaces with full CDR, logging and auditing reporting capabilities.
- Open Source software origins means the code is well documented and tested, allowing your staff the opportunity to learn, optimize and customize the SMSC gateway to your evolving requirements – free from vendor lock-in. Our license subscription model provides indemnification and full support, along with your ability to provide input to our product development roadmap.