The RestcommONE Visual Designer is an easy to use graphical tool that enables non-programmers to prototype or create telecommunication applications. Drag and drop from a palette of actions like Play, Dial, Collect, Say, SMS, Email and others support development of a wide range of applications. Actions can be saved as a set of actions and operations within a package to be shared and reused in other, more sophisticated applications and services.
For example, one can start with a simple call flow to receive an incoming call to a phone number and record a message. You can then create an interactive voice response (IVR) menu. From the menu, you can allow callers to leave a voicemail, send them an SMS, or forward the call to different phone numbers where you might be found.
Visual Designer modules are actually collections of programming statements and commands that use the RestcommONE Connect APIs. This means that programmers can reuse the commands and APIs available with other programming languages as desired. In addition, it is easy to incorporate input and output from external services. For example, one could use Visual Designer to integrate and automate calls to a customer from a CRM like Salesforce.com or SugarCRM. Or retrieve customer information from a database and use PHP to send targeted A2P (Application-to-Person) marketing messages by SMS or USSD.
You do not need to develop a custom client to begin using Visual Designer applications. RestcommONE Connect includes Web Browser WebRTC client, which can be used to test your Visual Designer applications. Diagnostics and logging tools for generated code and call attempts provide clear visibility in the output of each step during the development of your Visual Designer application. The Visual Designer environment makes fast work of prototyping and developing your telecom applications on the RestcommONE platform.
Key Features and Benefits
- Drag and Drop makes Visual Designer easy to use for enterprise IT personnel and web developers by visualizing call flows and apps with multiple components and technologies and services. Developers do not need to learn the complex telecom protocols and networking required for service.
- Easy Integration With External Apps And Services enables Visual Designer apps to request and send commands and data to and from external apps and services. Visual Designer is able to utilize IP protocols including simple webhooks, APIs, and other commonly used methods.
- Generates RestcommONE Programming Code (RCML) that can be used as is or modified for use in other apps or services.
- Full RestcommONE Telecom Stack Access for developing lower level, native mobile content delivery and menu-driven applications. Utilize USSD and SMS as well as rich communications and content for over the top (OTT) apps and services to web, IOS and Android applications.
- Carrier-grade scalability and reliability with load balancing and clustering support for automated failover creates a stable and scalable platform for apps and services built with Visual Designer. Unlike other more limited solutions, all RestcommONE services are load balanced, providing true carrier grade redundancy at scale.
- On premise and cloud deployment options to suit business or technical objectives. Get started quickly with the hosted service and move later to host on your own datacenter or hardware. Or remain in the cloud.
- Flexible Operations and Monitoring support via API – or easy to use web interface, complete CDR, logging and auditing reporting capabilities are also provided.
- Open Source software origins means the code is well documented and tested, allowing your staff the opportunity to learn, optimize and customize the RestcommONE Connect components free from vendor lock-in. Our license subscription model provides indemnification and full support, along with your ability to provide input to our product development roadmap.