RestcommONE WebRTC software development kits (SDKs) for web, IOS and Android incorporate next generation communications technology based on WebRTC. Using the SDKs, developers can build robust real-time communications apps for voice, video and messaging without worrying about the underlying technology or protocols.
Voice and video quality are outstanding. RestcommONE WebRTC SDKs take advantage of the advanced audio and video codecs, voice engine, and jitter buffer management of the WebRTC media engine. This means your apps will automatically support super wideband HD-quality voice and video.
The ability to communicate over virtually any WiFi or mobile network in the world is assured. Restcomm RestcommONE WebRTC SDKs support the inter-connectivity establishment (ICE) processes of the WebRTC standard for the network address translation (NAT) traversal features of WebRTC. This same WebRTC technology is integrated into the Google Chrome browser, Facebook Messenger, Slack, and more than 100 other applications and services. Your team will be able to test cross-platform calling between web, IOS and Android apps using the RestcommONE WebRTC SDKs almost immediately. Tutorials and sample applications are provided for these platforms.
To get started, you can download a Docker or binary image from restcomm.org to deploy and configure a RestcommONE Connect development environment. The RestcommONE Connect deployment can be installed one of three ways:
- on a local machine in a virtual machine (VM)
- on a server on your private local area network (LAN)
- on a hosted service like Amazon Web Services (AWS)
To enable others to access and test apps built on the RestcommONE WebRTC SDKs, it would be advisable to deploy the Docker or binary image to a server on a LAN or in an AWS instance.
Key Features and Benefits
- RestcommONE Web, iOS and Android SDKs enable your team to embed telecom features in your web, iOS and Android native applications; or to build complete new applications from scratch.
- Crystal-clear super wideband HD audio and video quality based on WebRTC media engine with adaptive forward error correction (FEC) and jitter buffer. Includes G.711 and Opus audio codecs and VP8 and VP9 video codecs.
- Network Address Translation (NAT) traversal support for reliable communication on local area networks (LAN), WiFi and mobile broadband networks. Complies with WebRTC interactivity connection establishment (ICE) standards.
- RestcommONE API enables your apps to query account information like phone numbers, call logs, text messages, and recordings. Communications control to initiate outbound calls and send SMS messages to the mobile network are also provided.
- RestcommONE Tutorials will help you create sample applications that cover common use cases in a variety of languages using the RestcommONE API, RCML or Visual Designer. Download, test, and tweak for yourself.
- Configuration Tools will help you set up RestcommONE Connect on your own server or development environment to build powerful apps locally Both Docker and binary images are publicly available for download on restcom.org.
- All the great features of RestcommONE Connect come with and are enabled by RestcommONE Telecom Services, designed, built and maintained by the same team that provide software and services to over 80 service providers worldwide.
- Multi-tenant Support enables web developers to build apps and services for multiple brands or customers from a single account or deployment.
- Carrier-grade scalability and reliability with load balancing and clustering support for automated failover delivers an unparalleled user experience for both web and mobile subscribers. Unlike other more limited solutions, all RestcommONE services are load-balanced, providing true redundancy at carrier scale.
- On premise and cloud deployment options to suit business or technical objectives. Get started quickly with the hosted service with the ability later on to host on your own datacenter or hardware.
- Flexible Operations and Monitoring support via API or easy to use web interface, complete CDR, logging and auditing reporting capabilities are provided.
- Open Source software origins means the code is well-documented and tested, allowing your staff the opportunity to learn, optimize and customize the RestcommONE Connect components free from vendor lock-in. Our license subscription model provides indemnification and full support, along with your ability to provide input to our product development roadmap.